The S3L design process
We follow three steps to create great learning experiences:
- The brief. We get to know your organisation, your learners, and your goals.
- The design. We get creative storyboarding, writing, and visualising the content.
- The delivery. We develop the learning solution, test, and support the deployment.
Step 1: The Brief
We get to know you, your organisation and your learners.
Our team of experienced Instructional Designers and Learning Technologists works with you to understand the needs and characteristics of your learners. We draw on our diverse background in talent development and tertiary education to identify clear goals for your learning program. Our process is built on evidence-based pedagogy that leads to powerful and effective learning experiences.
These are some of the questions we’ll ask in this part of the process:
- Who are your learners?
- What do you want them to learn and why?
- What level of learning should be achieved (mastery, competency, mark, grade)?
- Have they been engaged in other learning before through your organisation?
- How did it go?
- Do you have any ideas about how your learners learn best?
- What are the barriers that might prevent them from achieving the desired result?
- What’s in it for them?
- How long do they have to complete the learning?
- When does the learning need to be delivered?
- Is there a particular educational technology that should be used to deliver the learning opportunity?
Step 2: The Design
We get creative.
After mapping out your requirements, we storyboard and visualise your content. Interactive lessons, quizzes, videos, animations, 2D and 3D visualisations – whatever the medium, we can design for it. We help you select the most suitable authoring tool, develop the right look and feel and ensure the learning experience is engaging and effective.
We combine project management expertise with best practices in educational design. This ensures the project scope is realistic yet delivers real results for your learners and organisation.
The questions we’ll ask you at this stage include:
- What software and learning management system are you currently using?
- How often will you update the learning?
- How will your learners access the content–at work, at home, on desktop, on mobile?
- How would you like to assess their learning?
- What kind of feedback do you wish to provide them?
- What kind of analytics will you need?
- Do you need different language versions?
- What branding requirements need to be incorporated into the modules?
- What look and feel would you like to achieve?
- What tone of voice should come through in the script?
- What kind of accent do you want to hear for voice overs?
- What style of animation do you like?
Step 3: The Delivery
We develop, test and support.
Using industry-leading software such as Articulate, Captivate and iSpring, we create a prototype and test it to ensure it meets your requirements and works across all devices. When it’s time to launch, we assist you with implementation and change management.
Finally, we don’t believe in “set and forget” learning. We can guide you through each iteration of your learning program, help you measure the effectiveness of your program and provide ongoing support for you.
At this final stage we’ll ask you the following questions:
- How do you currently measure the effectiveness of your learning programs?
- Do you need to gather feedback from your learners via surveys or focus groups?
- Does your staff have the skills and capability to author and administer digital learning?
- Does your staff need training or change management support to ensure the sustainability of your learning program?
- How will you use analytics to guide future iterations of the learning?